Monday, December 22, 2008

Apple Cinnamon Cake

Over the weekend, I've made my first Apple Cinnamon Cake. I was inspire by the photo and the recipe from " A Daily Obsession". However, I add a little bit more of the cinnamon powder cause I love Cinnamon ...

Too bad is, I don't have enough cream cheese to cover the side cause I used for the carrot walnut cake which I bake for grandma's birthday. Anyway, I'm not too sure how is the cake suppose to taste like base on looking on Terri's blog, but mine guess not too bad; just that the apple is still crunchy and still able to take a bit of sour. I wonder .... is it suppose to be like that ? But actually I don't mind it's crunchy .

Dear said if eat with the cake and almond taste fine, and he rate my cake with 3 star out of 5 and mom said it taste nice also. Probably next time I should boil the apples with sugar water first.



*Apple Cinnamon Slice*


*The Full Cake after cream up with Cream Cheese & almonds*


*The original cake out from the oven*


~ Apple Cake ~

For the Cake:-

1/2 kg Granny Smiths (green apples), peeled, cored & chopped chunky
200 g self-raising flour, sifted
1 tea spoon cinnamon powder
200 g fine sugar
1 cup oil
3 large eggs
1 t finely grated lemon rind

For the Topping:-

250gr Cream Cheese
125gr Butter
100gr Icing Sugar


1. Sift the flour with the cinnamon powder.

2.Put sugar, eggs and oil into a bowl and hand whisk until creamy. Add the sifted flour, stir in the apples.

3. Pour batter into a 8"/21 cm or 9"/23 cm round tin (lined) and bake at 170 C for 45 to 50 minutes until a wooden stick plunged into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

4. Mix all the topping ingredients together until smooth and creamy, then spread the cream cheese all over the cake and decorate with almond flakes or any optional nuts base on individual preference.


*Note: The recipe originally adapt from " A Daily Obsession", however, slidely modified by me on the Cinnamon Powder" part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home