Friday, October 31, 2008

Mini Mixed Fruit Tarts

I've been start " learning" making small pastry for the past few months with my boy friend's mom. She use to makes cookies, tarts and cakes as side income purpose and she has huge amount of regulars which favorites her art work. Although she say is a good income but is really a tired working hours during the peak coming season of festival; that she needs to wake up early at 5:30am to start work and ends around 6pm. Holy cow, it was like working 12 hours a day continuous for 1 or 2 month if there is festival coming.

She did advice and persuade me to learn all her skills so that I could help her out of even take over her business in future after hearing I also interested of baking. However, when I think of need to work 12 hours a day, I was like .... wth .... I do admit I'm not the hardworking type of person that have tons of patience to do that, but if there is any chance that I could cut down bit of the working hours I don't mine the income is lesser =p

The first lesson I learn from her is Mixed Fruit Tarts. I've been learning to make that for few times just to get the base in good looking shape. Still remember the first time when I make the base; it was so tick.




* Before putting apricot glace *




* After putting apricot glace *



Well, but after completing the whole process, you can't really see the imperfection of flaws; unless you're a experience baker ... lol. Anyway, the most important is the taste is good. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home